Unlike churches, we at B'nai Avraham stress actions rather than teaching doctrine or a statement of faith.What you do in life is more important than what you believe.Faith is not a noun but a verb and must be the handmaiden to actions. If you what you believe is right, then your actions should line up with what the Torah and the Master says.
James 2:14 -18 -My brothers, what profit is it if a man says he has faith and does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and if one of you says to them, Go in peace, be warmed and filled, but you do not give them those things which are needful to the body, what good is it? Even so, if it does not have works, faith is dead, being by itself. But someone will say, You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith from my works.
THE THIRTEEN WANTS
1. We want Nazarene Faith to help us
overcome temptation, doubt, and discouragement.
2. We want Nazarene Faith to imbue us
with a sense of responsibility for the righteous use of the blessings wherewith
the Creator endows us.
3. We want the individual so to be
trusted that his yea will be taken as yea, and his nay as nay.
4. We want to learn how to utilize our
leisure to best advantage, physically, intellectually, and spiritually.
5. We want our homes to live up to its
traditional standards .
6. We want the upbringing of our
children to further their moral and spiritual growth, and to enable them to
accept with joy their heritage as followers of the Master.
7. We want the synagogue/community to
enable us to worship YHWH in sincerity and in truth.
8. We want our religious traditions to
be interpreted in terms of understandable experience and to be made relevant to
our present-day needs.
9. We want to participate in the up building
of Eretz Yisrael .
10. We want Nazarene Faith to find rich,
manifold and ever new expression in philosophy, letters, science, and the arts.
11. We want all forms of the organization
to make for spiritual purpose and ethical endeavor.
12. We want the unity of Yisrael
throughout the world to be fostered through mutual help in time of need, and
through cooperation in the furtherance of Nazarene Faith at all time.
13. We want Nazarene Faith to function
as a potent influence for justice, freedom, human rights, and peace in the life
of all men and nations.